Monday 10 October 2011

Demise of my favourite denim jeans

I know most people who have ever had a favourite pair of jeans can relate to this, no matter if you're male, female, teenager or of advance years, you will relate to what is going on in my life right now.

I have 2 pairs of jeans, that I have had a few years now, and they are now reaching the point of demise, they are failing to hold together in certain areas and I fear patching them is not an option, or cutting them down. These jeans and I have gone through a lot together, including life on 2 continents. Many a time I've been told I look good in them, a few times I've put a few pound on and found it a struggle to get into them, but the pounds have shed off again and they have been put on again in triumph.

Both these pairs of jeans have a good lycra content in them so they don't go baggy at the knees and they hug the right places and hang where they're supposed to hang. I've looked high and low and cannot find 'the same jeans' to replace them, styles and fashion have changed and now skinny jeans are 'more the thing' which is not the 'thing' that suits me.

I have got a new pair of jeans, which fit fine, but they don't fit as nicely and I have another pair which, as they are a dark wash, look fine being dressed up if needed, but again, they just don't 'fit' as nicely. I shall keep looking and exasperating myself in changing rooms of clothes shops until I do find another 'favourite' pair, in time.

Its strange how you can find just the right fit of jeans if you search long enough, not all cuts suit all shapes. It took me ages to find these jeans and now I'm going to have to bid them farewell. I just hope, at some time, I can find equally well fitting jeans to suit my shape and height.

No comments:

Post a Comment